Welcome to the Raleigh Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to
file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking
software before filing the report.
If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our
Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- This is not an emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Raleigh city limits?
What happens after you file a crime report online:
- This message will appear on your computer: "Your report has been submitted"
- You will be given a temporary report number.
- You will be able to print a copy of the temporary police report for your records.
- To provide information about a previously submitted report, call the Crime Reporting Center at 919-996-3335.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed,
you may be contacted.
- All reports of stolen/lost prescription drugs or controlled substances will require an officer in-person. Please call 919-831-6311 to request an officer.
- The more accurate and detailed your report, the more likely that meaningful follow-up can occur.
- Crime scene technicians will not be dispatched for online reports.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Raleigh Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the
To report a Crime Tip
If you want to report a tip regarding a crime, call CrimeStoppers at 919-834-help (4357)